Wednesday 21 October 2009

Long Long Day

















Its all very quiet in the pitts.. Hopefully should have all the right buses on all the right routes today. Not too much can be said for JPT, I read on there facebook site that one of there Scania double deckers tried ducking under the bridge NEXT TO THE DEPOT!! and failed. Im sure there will be some pictures or videos out soon somewhere. The only issue we have around here is whitelands road which is 14' 6" Some of the Scanias we have are 14' 9" so have to be on the look out all the time. I almost took a MAN under a 10' bridge in Glossop but the height sign was missing on the bus so i thought best not to risk it.
Got a school this morning 861, Not look where it goes yet, Am guessing Longendale followed by what seems a thousand hours on the 217 / 218. Which from next week is on a 6km diversion around Greenfield, Excellent. Lets see them run to time next week..... NOT. I took this pic last night before i left as yesterday was pretty uneventful apart from a driving assesment whilst i was on the 7s on a rubbish bus. Went ok though. Shame the instructor wasn't there to see me evict a couple of unsavories on the 330 later on in the day. Get ready time now. Working until 8 pm tonight so best prepare for a busy old day.

2 comments:

  1. While not covering for JPT all I'll say is that I've been a couple of buses recently with various drivers I know and one of the things they've pointed out to me on some of the buses they've been on is the lack of height information in the drivers cabs warning drivers of how high the bus actually is so the drivers know which bridges the bus will and wont fit under

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for 217/218 diversion what with that diversion round Greenfield next week and the continuing Metrolink works in/around Droylsden area, should make things fun on that route for the next couple of weeks, I wonder whether we'll end up seeing Magicbuses being drafted in to cover these aswell the 216s, mind you thinking about it I doubt it as I'm not to sure how many HE drivers if any know 217/218 routes

    ReplyDelete