Thursday 5 November 2009

Off to work.

Another car free day today so i have jumped on the speedwell 396 from fitton hill to ashton. I have never been on this before. It really does go around the houses as it gets near ashton. Good job i have plenty of time to spare. I suppose these smaller companies make there money around the little estates. This bus used to be one of ours. It's even still got our seat covers on. Anyway easy day today. 2 trips on a 330 to start and then 3 on a 345. I suppose with the comments from yesterday i should expect any kind of bus on both parts. Nice leyland atlantean would suit me. With a semi auto box to give me something to do.lol

5 comments:

  1. Yes a nice Leyland Atlantean or even better a nice MCW Metrbous although I would suggest the latter having lived in Oldham all my life and travelled on them when I was younger.

    It certainly brought back memories this weekend at the SELNEC do especially when a friend of mine brought his bus up from Bristol (ex GM 5120) and I was able to have a trip out in it round Saddleworth on Sunday evening

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/11/09 11:51

    Busman: good choice with the MCW Metrobus though I would say the Northern Counties bodied examples (with coach seats; 400/401 Trans-Lancs Express) are my favourite Metrobuses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't the 396 used to be run by Bluebird and went through Hollinwood to Newton Heath? Must be five or six years ago when I used one to get to Honeywell Lane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I think it was Ashton to Newton Heath via the old Roxy at Hollinwood. As you say it was a Bluebird run I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put an application in today at Ashton,jesus its a dump,just 2 cash machines ! Better than hyde road i suppose,its local,hope they take me back on.

    ReplyDelete